CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – 2022 CICIAMS World Congress
The 2022 CICIAMS XXI Congress will bring together Catholic Nurses from across the globe. Important dates are listed below. Presentations, breakout group activities, and posters are to address one or more of the five objectives.
Opens: August 20, 2021 (Memorial of Saint Bernard)
Closes: November 30, 2021
Theme: United in Mission, United in Faith
- Strengthen the nursing response to the Papal call for solidarity in faith and action among Catholic Nurses (Pope Pius,1935).
- Promote integration of Catholic teachings within evidence-based nursing practices, education, research, policies, and health care ethics.
- Identify individual, family, and community best practices of nursing, which impacts health from any point in the life cycle (conception to natural death in accordance with Catholic Doctrine).
- Raise awareness of CICIAMS and CICIAMS member associations within the global nursing community.
- Provide opportunities for networking in support of future collaboration and cooperation within the global Catholic Nursing community.
- Presenters from all four CICIAMS Regions are sought: Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Pan Americas.
- Presenters must be members of a CICIAMS Member Association.
- Presenters must be registered for the 2022 CICIAMS XXI World Congress on or before the time of submission.
- All presentations are to be in keeping with the Catechism of the Catholic Church as promulgated by St. John Paul II.
- Presenters are to identify potential conflict of interest related to the abstract (i.e., commercial interest, vendor affiliation, and/or receipt of royalties). NACN-USA may rescind abstract acceptance due to any conflict of interest discovered after the fact.
- Presenters are responsible for their own expenses.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in the English language. Using a free, online translation services such as Google Translate is an option to assist with submissions in English.
- Presentations and Q&A sessions are to be delivered in the English language. Language services will be provided during the Congress to translate English oral presentations into French and Spanish languages. Additional translation services such has Italian and Polish will be available if a language is requested by 10 or more registrants.
- If the non-English speaking nurse’s abstract is selected, the author may have an accompanying English-speaking nurse registrant present (at their side) to read their written report in the English language. The non-English speaking author and their English-speaking assistant must also be members of a CICIAMS Association with paid registrations to the Congress.
- Non-English-speaking authors can participate in the Q&A segment with the help of their designated bilingual assistant.
- Posters (table-top or banner) are to be written in the English language.
- Tabletop poster presentations will be given a table with dimensions of 8’ x 2’. (2.4 meters x 0.6 meters). No electrical outlets will be available.
- Banner posters should be approximately 2’ x 3’ (0.9 x 0.6 meters).
- Authors submitting an oral presentation, but who are not selected, may be invited to accept a role within an expert panel, work group activity, or provide a poster presentation.
Types of Submissions
- Academic Paper
- Academic Poster
- Evidence Based Practice
- Procedures and Protocols
- Spiritual Care
- “Miracles”/the unexplainable,
- Process of reporting
- Intercessory prayer in patient care
- Overcoming barriers to Spiritual Care.
- Abstracts accepted until November 30, 2021 at 2022WorldCongressAbstracts@gmail.com
- Attached to your email include your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
- The email must also include an attachment of your photo headshot. The photo can be in formats such as jpg, jpeg, bmp, or png.
- Only complete submissions will be forwarded to the Abstract Review Committee.
- The Abstract Review Committee will email their decision to submitters by February 15, 2022.
- Selected presenters must confirm their acceptance via email of the proposed Congress Role by February 28, 2022.
- Failure to confirm acceptance by February 28, 2022, will remove the Abstract candidate from the Presenter Roster.
Download and print the full guidelines and abstract form in:
MS Word Format
Download abstract form only:
MS Word Format
Questions related to abstracts? Use the Contact form located on the World Congress Website.