Below is a list of our current affiliated local Councils.
Local and regional Councils are affiliated with NACN-USA, yet are independent entities. Members of the national organization, NACN-USA, who also wish to join a council, if one exists in their area, will have dual membership by indicating the council of choice when making application as a Constituent Member.
For information about our affiliated Councils currently under formation, or to inquire about starting a local council, please use the information below and contact your Regional Director at email@example.com.
If you have an established local or regional council that would like to affiliate with the NACN-USA, send the name, date of founding, president’s name and contact information, bishop’s letter of approval and bylaws to CatholicNurses@nacn-usa.org.
Resources for Starting a Council:
1) Reasons to Start a Council
2) How to Start a Council
3) Checklist for Starting a Local Council
4) Pope Pius XI Call to Establish Catholic Nursing Organizations
5) NACN-USA Brochure
6) NACN-USA Flier
7) Article by Brother Perkins – Explains the importance of developing moral communities of clinicians, p10-12.
8) Open Letter to Bishops & For Networking
9) Potential Member Letter
10) Sample Newsletter – Winter 2016
11) NACN Bylaws-Revised & Approved 2017
12) Sample Local Council Bylaws
13) Meet & Greet Presentation, Part 1
Regions effective 2017
1. Upper Northeast (UNE): Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
2. Lower Northeast (LNE): New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C. (including liaison with the Archdiocese of the Military Services (AMS) office in D.C.; Each Regional Director will liaison with the AMS chapels in their own region.
3. MidAtlantic (MA): Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky
4. Southeast (SE): Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
5. NorthCentral (NC): Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas
6. SouthCentral (SC): Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi
7. MidWest (MW): North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming
8. SouthWest (SW): Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico
9. Pacific (PA): Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands & American Samoa
Note: Odd numbered regions term change in odd years; Even numbered regions’ terms change in even years.
Region 1 — Upper Northeast (UNE)
Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Fall River Diocesan
Betty Novacek, Acting President
Region 2 — Lower Northeast (LNE)
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C.
(including liaison with the Archdiocese of the Military Services (AMS) office in D.C.)
Albany Council of Catholic Nurses
Ribley-Borck, RN, President
Loudonville, NY 12211
Council(s) in Formation:
Baltimore Council of the NACN
Diocese of Trenton Council of Catholic Nurses
Maria Arvonio, RN, BSN, MA &
Patricia Sayers, RN, DNP
Region 3 — MidAtlantic (MA)
Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky
Madonna University Council of Catholic/Christian Nurses Council
Sister Victoria Indyk, CSSF, PhD, RN, President
Region 4 — Southeast (SE)
Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
Mid-South Area Association of Catholic Nurses Council (MSAACN)
Lou Ellen McElmurry, BSN, MBA, RN
North Alabama Council of Catholic Nurses (NACCN)
Diana Ruzicka, MSN, MA, MA, RN, CNS-BC
Region 5 — NorthCentral (NC)
Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas
Council of Catholic Nurses of the Diocese of Joliet, IL
P.O. Box 4556
Wheaton, IL 60189
Barbara Massura, President
Council of Catholic Nurses of Lake County, IL
Ginny DeReu, President
Region 6 — SouthCentral (SC)
Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi
Region 7 — MidWest (MW)
North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming
Region 8 — SouthWest (SW)
Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico
Region 9 — Pacific (PA)
Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands & American Samoa
San Francisco Council of Catholic Nurses Council
Mary Ann Haeuser, MSN, RN, FNP, President
San Francisco, CA
NACN Bylaws – All Position Descriptions & Duties of the Board [ View »]