Disclaimer It is not NACN-USA’s primary mission to post position openings. However, as these are received, we will consider each for posting. Organizations presented here may or may not have been vetted by the National Association of Catholic Nurses, U.S.A. Their inclusion here does not indicated that they have been so vetted. Each individual should independently research the organization to which they apply. Inclusion on this web page does not constitute an endorsement of any organization.
>>>Nurse Educator, Benedictine College, Atchison, KS – Posted 4/14/2018
>>>RN, Little Sisters of the Poor, Denver, CO – Posted 4/5/2018
Nurse Educator – Benedictine College, Atchison, KS
The Department of Nursing at Benedictine College invites outstanding nurse educators to apply for an faculty position in nursing beginning August, 2018. Minimal requirements are a master’s degree in nursing and at least 3 years of clinical experience. The ideal candidate would be seeking or have completed a Ph.D. or DNP but this is not required. A candidate with a doctorate will be considered for an Assistant Professor tenure-track position. Candidate must be qualified to teach courses in Nursing Foundations, Medical-Surgical Nursing and/or Critical Care. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Benedictine College, which has a full-time undergraduate enrollment of approximately 1800 students, is a mission-centered academic community. Its mission as a Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts, and residential college is the education of men and women within a community of faith and scholarship. Benedictine College provides a liberal arts education by means through academic programs based on a core of studies in the arts and sciences. In addition, the college provides education for careers through both professional courses of study and major programs in the liberal arts and sciences. As an essential element of its mission, Benedictine College fosters scholarship, independent research and performance in its students and faculty as a means of participating in and contributing to the broader world of learning. Additional information Benedictine College is found on the college web page: www.benedictine.edu .
Beyond disciplinary expertise, Benedictine College seeks faculty members eager to engage and support our mission. Application materials should discuss how you might contribute to the college’s Catholic, Benedictine liberal arts identity. Please send cover letter and vita to Sharon McCort at email@example.com.
Benedictine College welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. The College is committed to assuring equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
RN – Little Sisters of the Poor, Denver, CO
The Little Sisters of the Poor are currently seeking an RN for our Denver, Colorado Home. The successful candidate will be part of a caring, interdisciplinary team that provides care and love to the elderly residents. We are looking for an individual who has a compassion for the elderly and who would like to make a difference in people’s lives.
FT NIGHTS – Every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday Wed – 32 hours per week – 10:45 p.m. – 7:15 a.m.
Excellent Benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick pay, paid Holidays, Pension Plan, 403(b), Uniform Reimb., etc.
$32.00 per hour including shift differential.
Registered Nurse (RN) Qualifications and Skills:
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing
• Valid Registered Nurse (RN) License with the State of Colorado
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Previous experience in long-term care preferred, new graduates welcome
• Knowledge and use of electronic health record software
• Leadership qualities including but not limited to communication and organizational skills, confidentiality, professional conduct and integrity.
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Responsibility and Duties:
• Administer and document prescribed medications/treatments accurately and timely in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Daily observation of Residents with ability to recognize and report change in status/condition.
• Supervision and follow up of Nursing Assistant care and assignments.
• Assess and evaluate assigned residents daily and report to relief nurse.
• Participate in the development and carrying out of each resident’s plan of care.